The Gospels (DOWNLOAD)
This 4-week series shares the eye witness accounts of what the gospel writers saw and experienced.
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are called 'gospels' because each book tells the story of Jesus from people’s perspectives who were with Him, or in some cases, from people’s perspectives who spoke with people who were with Jesus.
WHAT YOU GET
- Instant Download – Instantly download all the series contents immediately after purchase. Send the download link to leaders for immediate distribution.
- Series Artwork (widescreen 1280 x 720) – Includes the main artwork for the series (cover artwork) and a blank text version. (PPT not included.)
- Lessons in Both PDF & Word Doc Format – Customize the lessons as needed and easily share with your volunteer team.
- Leader Script – A lesson script is included with everything written out word for word. We encourage you to use it as a guide, rather than a script. We include a complete script so that you have everything you need to make the most out of each lesson.
- Format – Each lesson includes an opening game, creative teaching, small group activity and small group discussion questions.
THE GOSPELS OVERVIEW
Week 1: Matthew
Bible (NLT): 2 Timothy 3:16; Matthew 9:10-11; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Matthew 9:9-12; Revelation 3:20
Bottom Line: Matthew wrote his gospel to show the Jews that Jesus was the Messiah they had been waiting for.
Bible (NLT): Acts 12:12-13; Mark 2:1-12; 4:35-41; 6:1-3; 15:16-20; John 1:1; 1:10-12; 1:14; Philippians 2:5-8; Hebrews 4:14-16; 9:28
Bottom Line: In the Gospel of Mark, Jesus was demonstrated as fully God and fully man.
Week 3: Luke
Bible (NLT): Luke 1:1-4; 2:8-20; 2:41-49; 14:12-13; 7:12-15; Galatians 6:2-3; 1 John 3:17-18
Bottom Line: Luke’s writing shows us the compassion of Jesus.
Week 4: John
Bible (NLT): John 3:16 (NKJV); John 4:39-42; 4:49-53; 7:38-39; 9:35-38; 11:33-45; 14:6; 14:12; 20:26-29; Mark 9:24