Once Upon a Parable (DOWNLOAD)
4-Week Series on the Kingdom of God
What Is It? Jesus talks about the Kingdom of God by telling stories. He comments on the world around him, helping us see that the Kingdom of God is bigger and broader than we can ever imagine. Sometimes an idea is so big and beautiful that the only way to talk about it is to tell a story. The kingdom of God is like a mustard seed that grows into a wild bush, yeast that works its way through dough, food coloring that transforms the color of water, the smell of bacon that fills a room, a yawn that springs from face to face, a YouTube video that circles the Internet. We are a part of this big and beautiful story.
How will we tell it? How will we bring it to life? Once Upon a Parable helps preteens discover the true meaning of the Kingdom of God.
WHAT YOU GET
- Instant Download – Instantly download all the series contents immediately after purchase. Send the download link to leaders for immediate distribution.
- Series Artwork (widescreen 1280 x 720) – Includes the main artwork for the series (cover artwork) and a blank text version.
- PowerPoint Slides – Each lesson comes with all the PowerPoint slides you need. Also included are the individual jpg files for each slide.
- Lessons in Both PDF & Word Doc Format – Customize the lessons as needed and easily share with your volunteer team.
- Leader Script – A lesson script is included with everything written out word for word. We encourage you to use it as a guide, rather than a script. We include a complete script so that you have everything you need to make the most out of each lesson.
- Format – Each lesson includes an opening game, creative teaching, small group activity and small group discussion questions.
Week 1: Yeast, Yawns, and YouTube
How does Jesus talk about the Kingdom? With stories that paint pictures, words that create worlds
Bible: Matthew 13:31-33
Week 2: That’s Not Fair Who is the Kingdom for?
It is for the people you would least expect, even you and me.
Bible: Matthew 20:1-16, 5:3-10
Week 3: Jacob and the Prodigal What kind of Kingdom is it?
It is a kingdom with open hands of love and forgiveness.
Bible: Luke 15:11-32
Week 4: Read a Parable, Write a Parable
Jesus’ stories teach us about the Kingdom of God and our stories can teach others about the Kingdom of God.
Bible: Jesus' Parables