NEW: Jesus' Parables (DOWNLOAD)
This 4-week series encourages preteens to look at Jesus' parables in a new and different way.
WHAT YOU GET
- Instant Download – Instantly download all the series contents immediately after purchase. Send the download link to leaders for immediate distribution.
- Series Artwork (widescreen 1280 x 720) – Includes the main artwork for the series (cover artwork) and a blank text version.
- PowerPoint Slides – Each lesson comes with all the PowerPoint slides you need. Also included are the individual jpg files for each slide.
- Lessons in Both PDF & Word Doc Format – Customize the lessons as needed and easily share with your volunteer team.
- Leader Script – A lesson script is included with everything written out word for word. We encourage you to use it as a guide, rather than a script. We include a complete script so that you have everything you need to make the most out of each lesson.
- Format – Each lesson includes an opening game, creative teaching, small group activity and small group discussion questions.
JESUS' PARABLES OVERVIEW
Week 1: The “Lost” Parables
Bible: Luke 15
Bottom Line: These parables tell us that God’s love never gives up on us. They also speak of our job as Christ followers to tell those who have never met Jesus about His love.
Week 2: The Good Samaritan
Bible: Luke 10:25-37
Bottom Line: This parable was told to answer the question of "Who is my neighbor?" or "Who do I need to show God's love to?" Jesus says that we need to treat our enemies as we do our neighbors.
Week 3: The Sower
Bible: Matthew 13:1-23
Bottom Line: This parable teaches how God sows the seeds of His Word into our hearts and the different ways we respond to His Word. It also shows how others might respond when we sow God’s Word into their lives.
Week 4: The Builders
Bible: Matthew 7:24-27
Bottom Line: In this final study, students are reminded of Jesus' words at the end of the Sermon on the Mount: those who put His words into action are wise; those who don't are fools. Students are encouraged to be wise and follow Christ's words and examples.