The Gospels (DOWNLOAD)
A 4-week series that explains why each of the four Gospels were written, and what preteens can learn about Jesus from each one of them.
WHAT YOU GET
- Instant Download – Instantly download all the series contents immediately after purchase. Send the download link to leaders for immediate distribution.
- Series Artwork (widescreen 1280 x 720) – Includes the main artwork for the series (cover artwork) and a blank text version. (PPT not included.)
- Lessons in Both PDF & Word Doc Format – Customize the lessons as needed and easily share with your volunteer team.
- Leader Script – A lesson script is included with everything written out word for word. We encourage you to use it as a guide, rather than a script. We include a complete script so that you have everything you need to make the most out of each lesson.
- Format – Each lesson includes an opening game, creative teaching, small group activity and small group discussion questions.
THE GOSPELS OVERVIEW
Week 1: Matthew
Bible (NLT): 2 Timothy 3:16; Matthew 9:10-11; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Matthew 9:9-12; Revelation 3:20
Bottom Line: Matthew wrote his gospel to show the Jews that Jesus was the Messiah they had been waiting for.
Bible (NLT): Acts 12:12-13; Mark 2:1-12; 4:35-41; 6:1-3; 15:16-20; John 1:1; 1:10-12; 1:14; Philippians 2:5-8; Hebrews 4:14-16; 9:28
Bottom Line: In the Gospel of Mark, Jesus was demonstrated as fully God and fully man.
Week 3: Luke
Bible (NLT): Luke 1:1-4; 2:8-20; 2:41-49; 14:12-13; 7:12-15; Galatians 6:2-3; 1 John 3:17-18
Bottom Line: Luke’s writing shows us the compassion of Jesus.
Week 4: John
Bible (NLT): John 3:16 (NKJV); John 4:39-42; 4:49-53; 7:38-39; 9:35-38; 11:33-45; 14:6; 14:12; 20:26-29; Mark 9:24
Bottom Line: John wrote his gospel to show the importance of having firm trust in Jesus.