3 Series in 1 Bundle: Identity, Overcoming Temptation & Dodgeball (Download)
This bundle includes 3 preteen ministry series:
Dodgeball: a 4-week preteen series about dodging life's problems.
Overcoming Temptation: a 4-week series about how to resist temptation.
Identity: a 4-week series about getting your identity in Jesus.
This product, like all others, is a download item.
WHAT YOU GET
- Instant Download – Instantly download all the series contents immediately after purchase. Send the download link to leaders for immediate distribution.
- Series Artwork (widescreen 1280 x 720) – Includes the main artwork for the series (cover artwork) and a blank text version.
- PowerPoint Slides – Each lesson comes with all the PowerPoint slides you need. Also included are the individual jpg files for each slide.
- Lessons in Both PDF & Word Doc Format – Customize the lessons as needed and easily share with your volunteer team.
- Leader Script – A lesson script is included with everything written out word for word. We encourage you to use it as a guide, rather than a script. We include a complete script so that you have everything you need to make the most out of each lesson.
- Format – Each lesson includes an opening game, creative teaching, small group activity and small group discussion questions.
OVERVIEW OF DODGEBALL SERIES
Week 1: Choices for Every Problem
Bottom Line: All problems come with choices. When we figure out those choices, we can overcome challenging problems.
Bible: Genesis 39:2-6; Genesis 39:12; Genesis 39:21-23; Genesis 45:1-15; James 1:5
Week 2: When Problems Grow
Bottom Line: Overcoming problems is easier when we face small problems before they turn into big ones.
Bible: Jonah 1; Jonah 2:1-2,10; Exodus 4; Psalm 50:15
Week 3: Problem-Solving Pals
Bottom Line: We all need the help of others to overcome problems.
Bible: Exodus 18:24-26; Proverbs 25:19; Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NLT)
Week 4: God Is Greater
Bottom Line: We can bring our problems to God in prayer because He cares.
Bible: Nehemiah 4, 5, 6; 1 Peter 5:7; Philippians 4:6
OVERVIEW OF OVERCOMING TEMPTATION SERIES
Preteens experience temptation throughout the day, everyday. They can resist it when they recognize what it is and know that God will help them resist the things that tempt them. If they remember that God is willing to walk alongside them through temptation, they’ll feel more equipped to resist it.
Preteens know what it feels like to be tempted, but they may wonder if God really understands. But when they realize Jesus experienced it too, kids know they can trust God for help.
Preteens face long odds when it comes to beating temptation. We all do. But when they learn that God already knows we’ll mess up—and He loves us anyway—they’ll feel a life-changing power shift.
Week 1: How and Why Are We Tempted?
Bible Passages: James 1:13-18; 1 Corinthians 10:12; James 4:7
Bottom Line: Temptation is real and everywhere, BUT it is possible to resist it.
Week 2: Dealing With Overwhelming Temptations
Bible Passages: Matthew 11:28-30, Luke 22:40, Ephesians 6:10-18
Bottom Line: The battle with temptation is overwhelming and only with God can we win the battle.
Week 3: Can God Really Understand Temptation?
Bible Verses: 1 Corinthians 10:13, Matthew 4:1-11, Hebrews 2:18
Bottom Line: Because Jesus was tempted and resisted; he shows the way to resist temptation.
Week 4: God Forgives Us When We Mess Up
Bible Verses: Matthew 26:41; Romans 3:23; Romans 3:24-26; Luke 10:19
Bottom Line: God knows we are going to mess up and loves us anyway!
OVERVIEW OF IDENTITY SERIES